- UKBITS Ltd
Does Your Business Need IT Support?
Does the term “IT Support” conjure up the image of big businesses, with a department dedicated to IT? Well, IT services are not just for big companies, and there are many benefits of having an IT Support contract for your business, no matter what the size.
The vast majority of today’s businesses rely on their IT systems, and we need these systems to operate as they should, when we need them. An IT Support contract will help your business in more ways than you think: Your business security, workflow, communication, data storage, the transition of data, the list goes on.
Here we list some of the benefits of implementing a business IT Support contract:
1) Security: No matter what kind of business, securing and protecting your business data is of prime importance. Data protection is the process of safeguarding important information from corruption, compromise or loss.
Key pieces of information that are commonly stored by businesses, be that employee records, customer details, loyalty schemes, transactions, or data collection, need to be protected.
IT Support should take care of your business IT security and put in place measures needed for your business to run smoothly without you having to worry about data security or data loss.
2) Investment: An IT Support contract will save your business money over time.
a) Salary – a monthly contract price will be significantly smaller than the salary for a dedicated member of staff
b) Cyber Crime – A survey by Markel UK found that 51% of UK SME’s have fallen victim to a cyber security breach, and its estimated that losses to fraud and cyber crime last year totalled over £3billion and that medium to large companies lost an average of £19k in the past 12 months.
c) Streamlined Processes – better processes save time and fully functioning equipment enables employees to concentrate on their roles and complete their tasks efficiently.
d) IT Training & Awareness – Keeping your teams knowledge up to date is a must, especially surrounding cyber security. A good IT support provider will include training and staff awareness – this helps reduce your overall training costs.
e) Remote Support – Work From Home is now the norm due to the Pandemic. An IT Support contract should include remote user support.
3) Providers offer a wide Range of Services: Your IT Support provider will offer your business a wide range of services to help your business run smoothly and effectively. These should include:
Cloud services, including backups
VoiP phone system options
Data back up and restoration
Cyber security services
4) Problem Fixes – when something goes wrong, figuring out what and where can take a vast amount of time. Your IT team can asses the problem for you and should be able to find the problem quickly, and work out the best solution.
5) Protection – Cyber security is paramount. Cyber-attacks have become commonplace. Computer Security or IT Security is the protection of your computer systems against the threat of theft or damage to hardware, software or data. Your IT Support providers can advise on a number of Computer Security options for your business and manage them on your behalf.
Outsourcing your IT needs is a great way to help you better manage your IT infrastructure, free up your time and allow you to concentrate on what you do best…. running and growing your business.
Do any of the below statements hit home? If so, taking out a Business IT Support contract might be the best move….
You or your employees spend too much time trying to fix issues ‘in house’.
You have fallen victim of a cyber-attack.
Communication within the business is unreliable.
There must be easier processes for certain tasks, such as data storage.
Your current systems and processes are slow.
There is no method to fully recover and protect data in case of disaster, massive hardware failure, or malware intrusion.
Mobile and remote devices are not set up to work with the company network.
If you would like any information about the services UKBITS can offer your business, please do not hesitate to contact us, we would be more than happy to discuss options with you.